LYMPHEDEMA SYMPTOMS AND CAUSES
Have you noticed unusual swelling in your body? Do you have swelling in an arm or a leg or even in your torso? You might be suffering from lymphedema, a buildup of lymph fluid. The swelling indicates that your body’s lymph system cannot handle the amount of fluid. Do not ignore these symptoms because complications from infection can occur. Contact your therapist or physician.
SYMPTOMS OF LYMPHEDEMA
- A limb or body part is swollen
- Swelling worsens over time
- Repeated episode of infection
- Sensation of heaviness and limited motion
- Clothes or shoes no longer fit
POSSIBLE CAUSES OF LYMPHEDEMA
- Treatment of cancer
- Birth defects
- Circulatory disorders
The following organizations also provide reliable health information.